- kindergarten is invaluable times of learning and organizing the brain to prepare for formal learning!
- Opportunity to develop physically, emotionally, socially, intellectually, & spiritually.
- Children develop a sense of security & trust which in turns develops into a respect of self and others.
- Emphasis on readiness skills organizing the eyes, ears hands and brain to work together to be successful in academics, social/emotional and behaviors.
- As readiness skills are learned the child moves into more academics and formal learning.
Pre-Reading Skills Vision and auditory Skills
- Zoo-Phonics: a kinesthetic, multi-sensory * Strengthen near-far focus
- Letter sounds and names * Strengthen basic vision
- Upper and lower case letter formation * Establish Laterality & Directionality
- Recognize and print own name * Teach visualization
- Left to right movement * Distinguish between same & different sounds
- Opposites, same-different * Rhyming
- Book basics * Name that sound
- Proper way to hole pencil & paper * Listen & repeat
Pre-Math Skills * Develop visual & auditory discrimination skills
- Recognize 1-50 Social Skills
- Rote counting to 100 * Respect God, adults and others
- Rote Skip counting by 2, 5, 10 & 100’s * Learn to sit quietly during teaching time
- Reading & Writing numerals * Learn to follow directions
- Sorting and patterns * Learn to play together & take turns
- Understanding Place value 1, 10, 100’s * Manners
- Understanding addition & subtraction with concrete
- & representational models Science & Health
- Telling and writing time by hours and minutes * Seasons & weather
- Recognizing & drawing rectangles, squares, and circles * Our bodies
- Measuring length by repeating units * Nature & the environment
- Introducing halves and fourths * Nutrition
- Reading, writing & interpreting word problems * Oceans, insects, dinosaurs, stars/planets
- Calendar Skills * And so much more!
- Daily calendar
- Days of the week & months of the year Art & Music
Fine and gross Motor Skills * Hand-eye coordination
- Zip, button, snap * Drawing, painting & coloring
- Scissor skills * Play Doh
- Coloring and gluing * Learn about primary & secondary colors
- Games * Learn simple dances & songs
- Balance & spinning activities * Fun & silly songs
- Plenty of climbing & swinging * Finger play
- Lots of sensory integration activities * Learn to play simple songs on the piano & recorder
- Daily Bible stories Special Activities
- Weekly Scripture memory * Field trips
- Bible songs * Birthday Parties
Social Studies * Resurrection Party
- Holidays & traditions
- American symbols
- About Spokane & Washington